People with disabilities often struggle to gain employment or don't realize the work benefits available to them. That's why NTI, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, developed the NTI@Home work-from-home program. Through our training, mentoring and partnerships within the public, private, and government sectors, we may have the right work program for you.
Our program may be the best fit for you to come back to work without leaving home.
Register for the NTI@Home program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming telephone calls from customers and employees regarding general store information, price and product availability.
- Resolving and documenting customer complaints.
- Pass a background investigation that includes a criminal investigation and a credit check.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Ability to carry out clear directives and follow company procedures.
- Polite, professional, friendly and upbeat phone demeanor.
- Computer skills including navigating the Microsoft operating systems and the Internet as well as word processing.
- Ability to multitask and navigate (or maneuver) multiple computer screens and programs at the same time.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook.
- Previous call center experience (Transferring, Order Taking, Inbound Customer Service).
Special Position Requirements:
- All employees work 5 days per week.
- Minimum of 25-28 Hours per Week (Option to Work 30-40 Hours per Week).
- No time off will be granted during the first 90 days of employment (including the training and nesting period).
- Training Schedule: Mon-Fri: 9 am through 4 pm EST for two weeks. (10 days).
Home Office Requirements:
- Windows 8.1, or 10 without widgets, toolbars or background programs that could impact system performance.
- Your computer must have minimum specifications of 2 GHz Processing Speed, 8GB RAM and 100 GB of free hard drive space.
- Up-to-date antivirus software
- 17" Monitor or Larger (19" is recommended). A dual-monitor setup is preferred, but not required.
- Reliable DSL, Cable or FiOS Internet with a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps, 1 Mbps upload speed. Wi-Fi hotspots, dial-up and satellite Internet connections are not accepted.
In the NTI@Home program, you are guided back into the workplace through:
- Our eMentoring program where a personal mentor will provide guidance tailored to your needs
- Instructor-led and self-paced training available online to increase your customer service skills
- Placement efforts through our partnerships with Fortune 500 companies who make as an active effort to hire individuals with disabilities nationwide
NTI@Home might be the right place for you.
If you are interested in registering for the program, visit NTI@Home today.