NTI is committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status as a veteran, or any other protected status. Offensive or harassing behavior will not be tolerated against any employee, contractor or statutory worker. This policy covers vendors, customers, or others who enter our workplace, as well as all employee, contractor or statutory workers. Supervisory or managerial personnel are responsible for taking proper action to end such behavior in their workplace.
In an effort to prevent sexual and other forms of harassment from occurring, this policy against harassment will be communicated to each employee, contractor or statutory worker. No employee, contractor or statutory worker of this company is exempt from this policy.
Offensive conduct or harassment of a sexual nature, or based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status as a veteran or any protected status is prohibited. This may include but is not limited to:
- Offensive physical actions, written or spoken, and graphic communication (for example, obscene hand or finger gestures or sexually explicit drawings).
- Any type of physical contact when the action is unwelcomed by recipient (for example, brushing up against someone in an offensive manner).
- Expectations, requests, demands or pressure for sexual favors.
- Slurs, jokes, posters, cartoons, and gestures that are offensive.
Any such offensive conduct will be considered a prohibited form of harassment when any of the following are true:
- There is a promise or implied promise of preferential treatment or negative consequence regarding employment decisions or status.
- Such conduct has the effect of creating an intimidating or hostile or offensive work environment, or unreasonably interferes with a person's work performance.
- A third party is offended by the sexual conduct or communication of others.
Harassment is considered a form of employee, contractor or statutory worker misconduct. Disciplinary action, up to and including termination, will be taken against any employee, contractor or statutory worker engaging in this type of behavior. Any supervisor or manager who has knowledge of such behavior yet takes no action to end it is also subject to disciplinary action.
Anyone who believes he or she is being discriminated against as a result of harassing behavior (for example other employee, contractor or statutory workers being given special treatment in exchange for sexual favor(s)), is encouraged to report it.
Complaints should be made to the Human Resources Director at HR@nticentral.org. All complaints will remain as confidential as possible. Complaints made in good faith will in no way be held against an employee, contractor or statutory worker.